Monday, September 16, 2013

DON'T PROCRASTINATE


DON’T PROCRASTINATE

   “It takes self-control to do something, and it also takes self-control not to do something.”  These are words I read this morning in Joyce Meyer’s Starting Your Day Right Devotions book. 
   Being the excessively compulsive person that I am, I either don't procrastinate obsessively or I procrastinate obsessively.  It's all or nothing for me.
   So these last few days I've sat at the computer seemingly dusk to dawn updating my business.  It's never ending.  But last week I found myself taking care of other people’s needs and commitments and found myself so unsettled and agitated not to be doing something creative and/or something for me.
   So what am I learning?  Do my best to keep the business updated on a daily basis.  Do my best to keep my bookkeeping current on a daily basis.  Do my best to keep balanced on a daily basis.  Put myself and my recovery first, then I’ll have time to do the fun stuff like being creative and being passionate.
   Now, as for the self-control to not do something, I tried so hard to not drink on a daily basis.  The attempts were futile.  I have learned from recovery that substance abuse is a whole different story.  Stopping substances is not a self-control issue.  Substance abuse is a disease, like cancer, that can be put in remission but not by telling myself to not drink.  All those years I thought I was a loser with self-control issues.  What a relief to find out that this was not the case.  And what a beautiful gift to wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and not be in total disgust at what I see.
   Recovery has planted the seed of being centered and balance.  Being centered and balanced for me means don't procrastinate.  And with that, back to the computer, to clean up my obsessive procrastinations that I allowed to pile up and start this week off on a different note…centered and balanced.
   And for those of you interested in viewing my updated website, I should have it all refreshed later today! at DeesignsByHarris.com with some new “deesigns” and products!

   Until next Monday, have a mighty fine day!  Aloha to you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment