Monday, February 10, 2014

My Life Doesn't Suck!



  I just can’t seem to get rid of this knot in my gut.  But it’s a good knot, let’s call it a “friendship knot”.  I don’t remember having a happy knot before, remembering only the doom and gloom kind.  So for today, I enjoy this one.
   The knot comes with an overabundance of happiness and emotion.  I have just come home from a magical memory spending the weekend with well over 2,000 women in recovery.  I was so blessed to attend the 50th Annual International Women’s Conference in Honolulu.  I met so many inspirational women, friends, who have from 51 years to 4 days sobriety.  I come home with so much more knowledge, emotion, appreciation and gratitude.  Stories of hopelessness and darkness turned into a white light of optimism, sharing, and unselfish giving.  Whoa.
   And I come home to the Olympics.  Here is where the knot gets tight.  I just want to cry buckets of joy for all the kids and their families we know who are now competing in Sochi.  My flesh just turned to major chicken skin with just the thought as I know and appreciate what these kids and their families have sacrificed to get where they are.  No.  No, I don’t.  Having raised and nurtured two beautiful athletes who never quite made it that level brings back to me the blood, sweat and tears of the journey.  The sacrifice is huge…the rewards huger.  My heart goes out to you, with my admiration and respect.  And for you I have an immense joy…and an immense knot in my gut that is wringing out tears of joy.  Go Team USA!!!  And go Team World because your journeys were not easy.
   And then the icing on the cake.  The 50th Anniversary of the Beatles coming to the US to start their journey on the Ed Sullivan Show.  I so love what the Beatles have given me with their music.  I so love that they grew up with me.  And what a fantastic and beautiful tribute I “got to” enjoy last night.
   Today I am so blessed for all my “got to’s” and so excited for all my “get to’s”.  I am with you Anderson’s in Sochi…as “My Life Doesn’t Suck!” neither.
   With that have an absolutely fine day, cuz we “get to”!  Aloha to you all…Dee

P.S.  For those interested in “Gifts in Recovery” or “Hawai’i Art”, please visit my website at www.DeesignsByHarris.com.  “My Greatest Gift in Recovery is Sharing It With You” and here is another place I “get to” do it.  Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment