Monday, August 19, 2013

TURN YOUR MESS INTO YOUR MESSAGE


TURN YOU MESS INTO YOUR MESSAGE

  I don't know about you, but I've had a lot of mess in my life. Not so much the opposite of neat and tidy kind of mess, but I've made a mess of my life kind of mess.  
  This high-achiever, perfectionist person that I am found myself in a big, no humongous, shitload of mess. A disease I didn't ask for and character defects I didn't know I acquired brought me to a place of no return...or so I thought. 
  When I no longer had a choice about drinking, when it was no longer fun and social but necessary and secretive, I knew my life had turned to shit in a hand basket...the hugest mess I ever found myself in or ever want to be in ever again in my life!
  My message to you is that you're not unique (sorry).  Others, many, many others, have found themselves in that hand basket, or grocery cart full of their belongings living on the streets of hell. See the Devil's grin, horn to horn?  We don't have to remain there...all we have to do is put aside our egos, self-esteem, pride, embarrassment, shame, humiliation, and all that other shit we're drowning in in our hand basket of life and reach out your little baby-sized hand or pick up that thousand-pound phone and say "I need help".  With those simple little words I promise you your life will never be the same!
  When that finally happened for me I felt the weight come off my shoulders that I can't even explain. I felt I could finally come up for air. I felt a new freedom. I wanted to shout it out at the top of my lungs "I'm an alcoholic and I'm going to get help!" 
  I encourage anyone reading this who is living in your mess of alcohol, drugs, food, sex, gambling, computer games, whatever that is consuming your life and obsessing your mind, please say "I need help."  Call me or the wealth of others in your local phone book. Your life will never be the same; it'll be so much better. I promise!
  Today I see the ocean. Today I have a day off from work. Today I get to drown myself in my passion and be creative in my artwork. Today I get to sell my artwork so I can retire from my job and be my own boss (HP will always be "The Boss").  How good is that?  I've been blessed with  turning my mess into my message!
  If any of you are interested in my Gifts in Recovery, please visit my website at DeesignsByHarris.com or my shop atEtsy.com/shop/DeesignsByHarris.
  Aloha and have a mighty fine day...until next Monday...wishing you peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment